Shining Moments — UHS Awards and Recognition
UHS is proud of the reputation we have earned over the past 43 years as a leader in the healthcare industry. Our people and our facilities are consistently recognized for the superior quality and compassionate care that we deliver to patients and providers, along with the support we are honored to provide in the communities we serve. Here are some recent accolades.
Acute Care Hospitals Recognized for the Fall 2022 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade
The Leapfrog Group’s Fall 2022 Hospital Safety Grades have just been announced and we are proud that five UHS Acute Care hospitals earned the prestigious “A” grade and seven hospitals received a “B” grade. Since 2000, Leapfrog has served as an independent rater of patient safety, quality and transparency.
Congratulations to the five hospitals who received an “A” grade:
- Henderson Hospital — 9th “A” in a row
- St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center — 9th “A” in a row
- Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center — 2nd “A” in a row
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center — Moved up from a “B” in spring 2022 to an “A”
- Valley Hospital Medical Center — Moved up from a “B” in spring 2022 to an “A”
Congratulations to the seven hospitals who received a ‘B’ grade:
- Corona Regional Medical Center
- The George Washington University Hospital
- Lakewood Ranch Medical Center
- Northern Nevada Medical Center
- Palmdale Regional Medical Center
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center
- Temecula Valley Hospital
“This recognition validates the commitment of these hospitals to deliver clinical excellence to our communities by meeting the highest safety standards, and differentiates us in the markets we serve,” said Marvin Pember, President, Acute Care Division. “I’m confident that the remaining hospitals are well positioned to move up into the ‘A’ or “B” grade category. The delivery of superior quality patient care continues to be our number one priority.”
Newsweek Names Behavioral Health Facilities to America’s Best Addiction Treatment Centers 2022 Rankings
Newsweek partnered with global market research and data firm Statista Inc. to rank the best U.S. treatment facilities focused on addiction. Rankings were based on a survey of over 4,000 medical professionals and an analysis of the treatment centers’ accreditation status.
Congratulations to PRIDE Institute, Talbott Recovery, Stonington Institute and The Ridge Behavioral Health System, who were recognized in their respective states.
View the rankings and methodology on Newsweek’s website →
UHS Acute Care Hospitals and Behavioral Health Facilities Earn Accolades in U.S. News & World Report’s 2022-2023 “Best Hospitals” Ratings
U.S. News & World Report recognized 20 UHS Acute Care hospitals, 121 UHS Behavioral Health facilities and eight Acute Care psychiatric services in its 2022-2023 “Best Hospitals” report, with South Texas Health System Edinburg named a Best Regional Hospital.
The annual “Best Hospital” ratings are designed to assist patients and their doctors in making informed decisions about where to receive care for challenging health conditions or elective procedures.
Now in its 33rd year, “Best Hospitals” evaluates about 4,500 hospitals across 15 specialties and 20 procedures and conditions.
A High Performer rating indicates a hospital was significantly better than the national average in a given procedure or condition. Hospitals that are not nationally ranked (top 50) could also be recognized as high performing in a specialty if they earned a score in the top 10% of hospitals scored in that specialty.
The rankings are largely based on objective measures such as survival rates, patient experience and other factors using data provided by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the American Hospital Association, professional organizations and medical specialists.
Congratulations to the UHS Acute Care hospitals recognized in 2022-2023 “Best Hospitals”:
Best Regional Hospital for the McAllen Metro Area
South Texas Health System Edinburg was one of only 493 hospitals recognized as Best Regional Hospitals in their respective markets. In addition, the hospital received High Performing ratings in its treatment of Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Stroke, COPD, Diabetes, Kidney Failure and Pneumonia.
High Performing in a Specialty
The George Washington University Hospital earned High Performing designations for Neurology/Neurosurgery and Urology.
High Performing in a Procedure or Condition
In addition to the South Texas Health System Edinburg, the following Acute Care facilities are among those that rated High Performing in at least one procedure or condition:
- The George Washington University Hospital — Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Stroke, COPD, Kidney Failure, Lung Cancer Surgery
- Northwest Texas Healthcare System — Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Stroke, COPD, Kidney Failure
- Texoma Medical Center — Heart Failure, Stroke, Kidney Failure, COPD, Diabetes
- Aiken Regional Medical Centers — Heart Failure, Stroke, COPD, Kidney Failure
- Southwest Healthcare System — Rancho Springs Medical Center — Heart Failure, Stroke, COPD, Kidney Failure
- Palmdale Regional Medical Center — Heart Failure, COPD, Kidney Failure
- St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center — Stroke, Hip Fracture, Knee Replacement
- Temecula Valley Hospital — Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Stroke
- Valley Hospital Medical Center — Heart Failure, Stroke, Uterine Cancer Surgery
- Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center — Heart Failure, Stroke
- Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center — Stroke, COPD
- Doctors Hospital of Laredo — COPD, Pneumonia
- Northern Nevada Medical Center — Hip Fracture, Hip Replacement
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center — Heart Failure, Stroke
- Wellington Regional Medical Center — Stroke, COPD
- Cornerstone Regional Hospital — Spinal Fusion
- Corona Regional Medical Center — Kidney Failure
- Manatee Memorial Hospital — Stroke
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center — Stroke
For more information, visit Best Hospitals →
UHS Ranks on Fortune 500 for the 19th Consecutive Year
UHS is honored to rank again on the annual Fortune 500 list — this year at #297. The Fortune 500 list ranks corporations in the United States based on total revenue and is an industry standard in ranking America’s largest companies.
The Fortune 500 list is one of the most widely recognized corporate revenue ranking lists in the world, and this year marked the 68th publication of the annual ranking. UHS has been ranked on the list for 19 years.